Garlicky Broccolini with Lemon Zest
1 pound broccolini
5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Fill a pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the stems off the broccolini and thinly slice the garlic cloves.
- Once the water is at a boil, place the broccolini in the water and cook for four minutes. After the four minutes, remove the broccolini and set aside on a plate.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and garlic into a saute pan and place on low heat. Warm the garlic oil for about three to four minutes, stirring occasionally. Once fragrant turn the heat up to medium, add the broccolini and stir. Be sure to coat the vegetable well with the garlic oil. Cook for an additional three to five minutes (or until broccolini has reached your desired texture).
- Zest the lemon on top of the broccolini and then sprinkle the juice of 1/2 a lemon. Stir to mix and enjoy.