Herb Roasted Potatoes with Red Wine Vinegar and Lemon Zest
Author Note: Herb salt is requested for this recipe. Read about
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon herb salt, or kosher salt if herb salt is unavailable (click here for instructions on how to make herb salt)
2 rosemary sprigs (1 teaspoon of dried, chopped)
5 cloves garlic
2 pounds of new potatoes (or other small varities)
1 1/2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar
zest of one lemon
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil into a large bowl and add the salt. Rough chop the garlic and the rosemary and place into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces and add to the oil mixture. Coat the potatoes well with the oil mixture.
- With a slotted spoon, lift the potatoes above the bowl and allow the oil to drain for a few seconds. Then spread the potatoes evenly across a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for one hour (or until well crisped and the oil has cooked off), stirring every twenty minutes.
- While the potatoes are roasting add the red wine vinegar and lemon zest to the remaining garlic, herb and oil mixture. Stir to combine.
- Once potatoes are finished remove from the baking sheet and place into the vinegar and olive oil mixture. Coat the potatoes well and salt to taste. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.