Creamy Avocado Chicken and Bacon Sandwich
Author: This recipe is easily doubled.
juice of ½ lime
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cumin
pinch or two of cayenne
3 teaspoons heavy cream
1 cup small tomatoes (cherry or sweet 100s)
1 cup roasted chicken, cut into bite sized pieces (click here for recipe)
bacon (one to two pieces per sandwich)
cilantro, for topping
- Halve the tomatoes and set aside. Cut the bacon in half. This helps to cook the bacon more evenly and to get more bacon into the pan.
- Place the bacon in a medium sized saute pan over medium heat. Cook until crispy.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado, lime juice, salt, cumin and cayenne to a medium sized bowl . With a potato masher, mash the avocado and other flavors into a mushy mixture.
- Next, pour the cream into the avocado mixture and stir to combine. Once combined, add the chicken and tomatoes. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking (remember, the bacon will add a salty punch to each bite).
- Toast bread. Place a hearty spoonful or two of the avocado mixture onto the bread. Spread evenly and top with bacon and cilantro.