Vanilla Bean and Cinnamon Orange Candied Cranberries
Author note: these candied cranberries are sweet and tart. The vanilla and cinnamon orange sugar give them a subtle sweetness that compliments the agressive flavor of cranberries. The technique was used from Food52’s Orange Blossom Candied Cranberries.
- Measure out 1/4 cup of cinnamon orange sugar and 1 cup of vanilla bean sugar. Combine the two with the water in a saucepan. Cook the water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the simple syrup from the heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the cranberries to the simple syrup, stir and let the mixture cool completely,
- Place the cranberries and syrup into an airtight container and let sit over night.
- Mix the remaining sugars together and place on a plate.
- Drain the syrup from the cranberries. While the fruit is still damp, not dried, roll the cranberries in the sugar mixture.
- Place the cranberries onto a baking sheet and let dry, about an hour.
- Store in an airtight container with the leftover sugar.