Spicy Garlic-Roasted Broccoli
Author note: There are days I do not want to get the cutting board out and chop vegetables. The day I created this dish was one of those days. If you need a fast vegetable side, buy a bag of pre-chopped broccoli. Be aware that this broccoli side goes fast because it is so tasty. Double the recipe for leftovers. For an easy cleanup, line the baking sheet with foil.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets (about 7 cups)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, salt, garlic powder, cayenne and chili powder. Whisk well to combine.
- Place the broccoli florets into the olive oil mixture and coat the broccoli well.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, spread the broccoli in a single layer. Cover the baking sheet tightly with foil.
- Cook the broccoli for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue to roast, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes (until browned to your liking), stirring every 10 minutes.
- Top the broccoli with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve warm.