Buffalo Chicken Nachos with Buttermilk Ranch Sour Cream Drizzle
For the nachos:
thick tortilla chips
roasted chicken, shredded (click here for recipe)
shredded three-cheese blend
For the toppings:
red onion, diced
radishes, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro leaves, lightly chopped
buffalo sauce (see recipe below)
buttermilk ranch sour cream drizzle (see recipe below)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with canola oil.
- Make 1 even layer of chips on the baking sheet and top with chicken. Then add a generous amount of cheese (and I mean a lot of cheese). Repeat this step one more time (think lasagna).
- Place the nachos in the oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted and slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and top (to your liking) with the red onions, radishes, cilantro, buffalo sauce and sour cream drizzle.
For the buttermilk ranch sour cream drizzle:
1/2 cup buttermilk ranch dip (click here for recipe)
- In a small bowl, add the buttermilk ranch dip and water (1 tablespoon of water at a time) until the dip is a nice, drizzly consistency.
For the buffalo sauce:
Author note: If you love buffalo sauce, like I do, double the recipe.
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Texas Pete or Cholula)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- While the butter is still very hot, add the garlic, hot sauce and salt. Stir well to combine.