Browned Butter, Celery and Leek Pea Purée
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
½ cup of leeks, thinly sliced (about 1 to 2 leeks)
3 tablespoons celery, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
4 tablespoons crème fraiche, at room temperature
1 ½ cups peas (fresh or frozen)
- Over medium heat melt the butter in small skillet and continue to cook until its browned.
- Add the garlic clove to the browned butter and cook for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Next, add the leeks, celery and salt to the skillet and continue to cook, until softened, about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Add the peas to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 ½ to 2 minutes.
- Drain the water from the peas and place the peas into a food processor.
- Add the crème fraiche and the cooked vegetables to the peas.
- Puree the peas to your desired consistency. Top with breadcrumb gremolata (click here for recipe) and serve warm.