Baked Ricotta and Mascarpone with Sugared Raspberries
15-16 ounces ricotta
1 cup raspberries (or more to your liking)
1/2 cup mascarpone
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar, plus more for sprinkling raspberries
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the ricotta in a sieve and drain over a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Chop the raspberries and lightly sprinkle with sugar. Stir well to coat the raspberries and chill in the fridge.
- Add the drained ricotta, mascarpone, egg, vanilla extract, salt and sugar into a bowl. Whip until combined with a stand mixer or hand-held mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish, like a pie pan, souffle dish or gratin dish. Cook in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until the cheese is golden and barely jiggly.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Once the baked ricotta has cooled, cover with the sugared raspberries and serve with vanilla wafer cookies, toasted bread or by itself. If planning on serving later, store in the fridge until ready to use and serve chilled.