Cabbage and Feta Salad
Author note: This salad can stand as its own dish or be used as a topper for tacos, burgers, sandwiches, etc.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
8 cups shredded cabbage
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1 cup green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup feta
1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook until lightly golden, but not browned, about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cabbage, salt and 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar to the saucepan. Stir the cabbage to coat well with the garlic oil.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the cabbage has slightly softened but is still crunchy. Set aside and let cool.
- Add the green onions, feta, parmesan and remaining 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar.
- Stir well and salt to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.