Pork Tenderloin, Caramelized Onion and Arugula Pizza
Author note: If you’re not a fan of gorgonzola, an acceptable substitute would be goat cheese, or your favorite variety of soft cheese.
2 cups slow-cooker pork tenderloin (click here for recipe)
3 tablespoons reduced pork tenderloin marinade (click here for recipe)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 yellow onions, diced
1 teaspoon kosher salt
weekday tomato sauce (click here for recipe)
gorgonzola (or a favorite soft cheese)
red pepper flakes, for topping
- Heat the oven according to the dough instructions.
- In a medium-sized skillet add the olive oil. Evenly distribute the onions and salt in two layers. Cook on low for 30 to 45 minutes, or until the onions are caramelized. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Shred or chop the pork tenderloin and place in a medium-sized bowl. Add the marinade and stir. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Add a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce. Add a layer of mozzarella. Distribute the meat and onions on top of the mozzarella. Sprinkle with gorgonzola.
- Add a final light layer of mozzeralla and gorgonzola.
- Cook according to the dough instructions and until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, while still warm top with chopped arugula and red pepper flakes.