Jasmine Tea Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoon loose leaf jasmine tea
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
kosher salt, pinch
1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a food processor, puree the flour and jasmine tea.
- With an electric mixer (stand or hand-held) cream the butter and sugars for 4 minutes.
- While mixing, add the egg, then add the vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, baking powder and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a large spoon to portion the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place the dough on a baking sheet, cook for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack.