Sirloin, Sweet Potato and Garlic Kebabs
1 sweet potato, peeled cut into 1/4 inch thick and 1 inch long slices
1 onion, cut into 1x 1 1/2 inch pieces
garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon kosher salt
extra-virgin olive oil
yogurt sauce, for dipping (see recipe below)
- 1 hour before grilling, soak the skewers in water (if using wooden skewers).
- Heat the grill to 350-400 degrees.
- On a skewer, alternate the pieces of meat, sweet potato, onions and garlic. Up to 3 pieces of meat per skewer. Be sure to leave a little room between each ingredient to help them cook evenly.
- Coat each skewer with 1/2 teaspoon of oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill 6-7 minutes per side.
- Serve warm with garlic red pepper yogurt sauce.
For the garlic red pepper yogurt sauce:
1 cup plain yogurt
2 garlic cloves, rough chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
- Combine all ingredients into a small bowl and stir to combine. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.