There’s a lot on your plate this week and dinner is the last thing you want to think about. Let this pleasant little menu help relieve the pressure of this upcoming week.
A Pleasant Little Menu | Make-Ahead Meals
Sunday dinner: savory cornbread pudding with leeks, bacon and sage served with a green salad
Monday breakfast: leftover cornbread pudding
Tuesday Lunch: leftover avocado soup topped with a chilled and sliced boiled egg
Wednesday breakfast: pork tenderloin toast with a runny egg and goat cheese
Thursday dinner: leftover black bean puree with spicy garlic shrimp
Just a few things to keep in mind while preparing for this week:
- The majority of the recipe prep and labor is required the evening before the meal is actually cooked.
- These recipes are friendly to those who stay-at-home or who are away from the home during the day, with the exception of the black bean puree.
- If you are unable to cook the black beans on Wednesday, soak the beans on Tuesday morning and then cook them on Tuesday evening.
- Click here for a few thoughts on how to use the black been puree leftovers.
- Prep time for all these recipes are 20 minutes and under, except for the cornbread pudding on Sunday.
Sunday afternoon: prep cornbread pudding
Sunday evening: marinate chicken thighs
Monday afternoon (or morning): make cucumber soup
Monday evening: marinate pork tenderloin
Tuesday morning: boil egg (and refrigerate)
Tuesday evening: soak beans
Friday evening: make tomato sauce