Thanksgiving Noodle and Turkey Bake
Author note: This bake is the perfect Thanksgiving leftover concoction because it utilizes a large portion of the holiday meal: noodles, peas, turkey, mashed potatoes and even pie crust. When making pie dough for desserts, make an extra batch to use for this recipe. There is no amount of mashed potatoes mentioned in this recipe, because the amount needed to cover each bake varies.
2 cups cooked Thanksgiving Noodles (click here for recipe)
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
1/2 cup peas (frozen or leftover)
3 pinches ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups cooked turkey
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
crème fraiche mashed potatoes (click here for recipe)
pie dough (for crust)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium-sized size sauce pan add the noodles and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add the carrots, peas and nutmeg to the noodles and stir to combine. Allow the noodle mixture to continue to simmer and thicken.
- Meanwhile, reheat the mash potatoes.
- Once the noodle mixture is thickened remove from the heat and add the turkey and cheese. Stir well.
- Roll out the pie dough and place into a 9 1/2 inch pie pan. Pour the noodle mixture over the pie crust.
- Top the noodle mixture with an even layer of mashed potatoes.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes.