Roasted Radish and Sausage Pizza
Author note: This is a non-recipe simply because pizza is a personal creation. Adjust the toppings to your liking. Additional cheese, like parmesan or pecorino, would work well with this pizza.
tomato sauce (click here for recipe)
1 1/2 -2 cups radishes, sliced
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
pinch kosher salt
1 shallot, thinly sliced
uncased sausage (I prefer spicy), about 3 links worth
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl combine the radishes, oil and salt. Evenly distribute on a foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 10 minutes, until tender. Remove from the oven.
- Increase the heat to 500 degrees.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage until slightly underdone.
- Roll out the pizza dough. Place a layer of tomato sauce on the dough. Next add a handful of cheese to cover the sauce.
- Add the sausage, radishes and shallots. Top with a sprinkling of cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook until the dough is golden and the cheese melted and browned.