Egg White Drop Soup with Arugula, Chives and Radishes
Author note: This soup calls for low sodium chicken broth. Use less saltif a more salty stock is used. If serving as a side, this soup easily serves 4. However, if it is being served as a full meal, expect to serve 2 to 3.
6 cups low-sodium chicken stock
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
3/4 cup sliced radishes and more for topping
1 cup chopped (lightly packed arugula)
1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped and more for topping
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
3 egg whites
- In a medium-sized sauce pan add the chicken stock, ginger and turmeric. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Next, add the radishes and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl add the egg whites, chives and arugula. Stir well to combine.
- Add the salt and vinegar to the soup.
- Turn the heat off and begin to stir the soup clockwise. While still stirring the soup, pour the egg white mixture into the liquid. Continue to stir until the whites are cooked and the ingredients are well combined.
- Serve warm topped with a few slices of radishes and chopped chives.