Mac and Cheese Bites
Author note: I like to prep these bites when the macaroni and cheese has been in the fridge for about 24 hours. They are cold and seem to form well when the ingredients are added. These bites are freezer friendly. When freezing, let the bites cool and then place in a freezer safe bag lined with parchment paper. To reheat place frozen bites on a baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes (or until the macaroni is warmed through). For an APLK homemade macaroni and cheese recipe featured in The Dallas Morning News click here.
4-5 cups leftover macaroni and cheese (click here for recipe)
1/2 cup breadcrumbs (more if the mixture seems wet)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the macaroni and cheese, breadcrumbs and egg. If the mixture appears wet, add additional breadcrumbs.
- Spray a mini-muffin tin with the canola oil. Place spoonfuls of the mixture into the tin, slightly packed.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until they are golden on top.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.