Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Avocado Cumber Salad
1 pound spicy garlic shrimp (click here for recipe or see below), chilled
2 cups cucumber, peeled,seeds removed and sliced into bite sized-sticks
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 avocados, cubed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
juice of 1 lime
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, red onion, avocado, salt and lime. Stir to combine. Place in the fridge and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Pour onto a platter, top with the chilled spicy garlic shrimp. Serve immediately.
Spicy Garlic Shrimp
Author note: Two mixing bowls are required for this recipe. This recipe is easily doubled.
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon paprika
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup chopped chives
1 pound shrimp
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika and the lemon zest. Stir well to combine
- In a second medium sized bowl place 1 tablespoon of of oil, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of cayenne, ¼ teaspoon of paprika, juice of 1 lemon and the chives. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Add the shrimp to the first bowl (the bowl without the chives) and turn the shrimp several times to coat.
- Pour the shrimp mixture onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread the shrimp out into an even single layer.
- Place the shrimp into the oven and cook until pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the oven and with a slotted spoon place the cooked shrimp into the second bowl.
- Turn the shrimp several times to coat well. Place in the fridge and chilled