Buffalo Ranch Grilled Wings
2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon grill spice rub (click here for recipe)
buffalo ranch sauce (see below for recipe)
- Prepare the grill for indirect cooking at medium-high heat, around 375 degrees.
- Evenly lay the chicken on a foil line baking sheet. Distribute 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon spice rub on one side of the wings.
- Flip the wings over and evenly distribute the remaining salt and spice rub.
- Place wings on the grill. Cook for 20 minutes and then flip. Continue to grill for 25 minutes, for a total of 45 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and let cool slightly.
- Combine the wings and a few large spoonfuls of buffalo ranch sauce into a bowl. Toss to coat the chicken. Serve warm.
Buffalo Ranch Sauce
3/4 cup hot sauce (I prefer cholula)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoon shallots, chopped
2 tablespoon chives, chopped
4 tablespoons buttermilk
- In a saucepan combine the hot sauce, butter, garlic, salt and honey. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the shallots and chives. Stir and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Add the buttermilk and stir. Serve immediately. Store in an airtight container.