1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/2 pound ground grass-fed beef
1/2 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, finely grated
canola cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the bread crumbs, buttermilk and basil into a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Add the beef, pork, egg, salt, garlic, shallot and cheese to the breadcrumb mixture. Stir well to combine.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil to catch the fat from the meatballs during the cooking process. Spray cooling racks with canola oil cooking spray and place the cooling racks on top of the foil lined baking sheet. Set aside.
- Form meat into balls (no bigger than golf ball size) and place on the cooling rack.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of the meatball) until the meat reaches 160 degrees.