Prosciutto Puff Pastry
1 package of puff pastry, thawed
4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
8 ounces shredded monterey jack
12 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto,
6 cups arugula
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray bottom of 9 x 13 glass baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a floured surface roll out one the puff pastry sheets. Lay one of the puff pastry inside the pan.
- Evenly spread both cheeses on top of the puff pastry dough.
- Halve the prosciutto pieces (hot dog style) and then scrunch into bite sized balls. Add the prosciutto in evenly spaced rows until there is no more prosciutto.
- Top the prosciutto with arugula.
- Roll out the second sheet of puff pastry. Cover the arugula. Try to seal the ends of the puff pastry, however if you can’t that’s okay. Remove excess dough.
- Place in the fridge and let the dough chill for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg in a small bowl. Brush the the top layer of the puff pastry dough with the egg wash.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-23 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and puffy.
- Serve warm.