Butter Lettuce Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
1 head butter lettuce salad
1-2 hothouse cucumbers, peeled
dijon vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- Rinse the lettuce. With a knife, gently chop into bite sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the cucumber into thin strips. Then, cut the strips into two inch pieces. Place the cumber pieces into the salad bowl.
- Pour the Dijon vinaigrette over the salad. Toss and serve immediately.
for the dijon vinaigrette
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place all ingredients into a canning jar and seal tightly with the lid. Shake until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.