Strawberry Lemonade with Blueberry Ice Cubes
1 1/2 cups simple syrup, cooled (recipe below)
4 cups water
pinch of salt
strawberry puree (recipe below)
blueberry ice cubes (recipe below)
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, water and salt into a large pitcher. Stir and place the lemonade in the fridge to chill.
- Fill each glass with 2 tablespoons of strawberry puree and blueberry ice cubes.
- Pour lemonade into each glass and stir. Serve immediately.
for the simple syrup
Combine 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Heat through and stir until sugar has dissolved.
for the strawberry puree
16 ounces strawberries, leafy ends removed
2 tablespoons simple syrup
- Cut the strawberries in half.
- Place the ingredients into a food processor and puree until the fruit is a smooth, soup-like consistency.
- Place in the fridge and chill before using.
for the blueberry ice cubes
Place 2-4 blueberries in each compartment of an ice cube tray. Fill the tray with water and place in the freezer. Freeze for 24 hours or until solid.