Author note: These cookies are very basic. Raisins, nuts and chocolate chips would be great additions. Additional salt sprinkled on top of the cookies is a nice finishing touch. These cookies are freezer friendly.
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 over-ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup honey
1 cup unsalted peanut butter
6 cups rolled oats
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar and bananas using a paddle attachment until the bananas are well mashed and all ingredients are well mixed.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the peanut butter and honey. Continue to mix.
- Add the oats and mix until well incorporated.
- With an ice cream scoop, scoop out the batter onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.