Hatch Green Chile Chicken Pizza
3 tablespoons butter
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons flour
5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup white wine
3/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups Hatch green chiles, seeded and diced
1 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon cumin
3/4 cup roasted chicken, shredded
juice of 1 lime
chopped fresh cilantro, optional topping
- In a sauce pan melt the butter over medium heat. Add the jalapenos and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and incorporate with a whisk. Continue to whisk until the roux (the butter and flour mixture) becomes golden brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the cumin, cream and 1 cup of Hatch green chiles. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and reduced. Turn off the heat and add the juice of 1/2 a lime. Stir to combine.
- While the sauce is simmering, place the chicken into a bowl and top with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and juice of half a lime. Set aside.
- Turn the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a floured surface. Add a few spoonfuls of hatch chile sauce to the top of the dough. Be sure to evenly spread out the sauce. Keep in mind that too much sauce will make for soggy pizza.
- Evenly distribute the chicken on top of the pizza.
- Top with 1/2 cup (or more) chopped green chiles and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in the oven for 10-14 minutes or until the pizza is golden and the cheese melted.
- Top with optional cilantro and serve immediately.