Instant Pot Ribs
3/4 cup low sodium beef stock
2 1/2 pounds spare ribs, membrane removed
2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup Dijon mustard (yellow mustard also works)
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon all spice
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoon smoked paprika
3 teaspoon chile powder
2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Combine the ginger, all spice, thyme, garlic powder, smoked paprika, chile powder and brown sugar into a small bowl and mix well.
- Evenly distribute the salt on both sides of the ribs.
- Evenly distribute the mustard on both sides of the ribs (use just enough to cover the ribs, there might be leftover). This will help the seasoning stick to the meat.
- Evenly distribute the seasoning mixture on both sides of the ribs.
- Place ribs in the instant pot by curling around the walls of the pan.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot.
- Cook on high pressure for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes of cook time, immediately turn off the Instant Pot and set a timer for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, release the remaining pressure.
- Allow all the steam exit the Instant Pot.
- Move your oven rack to the top position. Turn the oven to 500 degrees broil.
- Remove the ribs and place on a baking sheet, meat side up. Brush the ribs with barbeque sauce. Place on the top rack of the oven, making sure that they do not touch the heating element. If they do, drop the rack down one level. Broil for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven, brush again with sauce and broil for 1 1/2 minutes. Repeat this step one more time for a total of 3 broil sessions.