Marshmallow Pumpkin Dip
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup half and half
5 teaspoons cinnamon sugar (see recipe below)
10 ounce bag marshmallows (medium-sized)
ginger snaps, for dipping
- Set the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the pumpkin, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, cloves and cinnamon with an electric mixer.
- Continue to mix and add the eggs one at a time.
- Next, add the vanilla extract, half and half and cream. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the spiced pumpkin mixture into a greased pie pan and place into the oven. Bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- After 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 350 degrees. Cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the marshmallows in half and place in a bowl. Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar on top of the marshmallows. Stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Remove the pumpkin dip from the oven. Evenly space the marshmallows on top of the dip. Evenly sprinkle the remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon sugar on top of the marshmallows and pumpkin dip.
- Place back into the oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until the pumpkin mixture is cooked through and the marshmallows are golden (total bake time is 45 minutes).
- Serve warm or at room temperature with gingersnap cookies.
for the cinnamon sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cinnamon stick (optional)
Place the sugar and cinnamon into a bowl. Stir to combine.
Place the cinnamon stick into the cinnamon sugar. Store in an airtight container.