Thai Broccoli Rice
8 cups broccoli florets
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
1 serrano pepper, chopped
4 cups cabbage, shredded
juice of 1 lime
8 basil leaves
1 cup cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons low sodium tamari (or low sodium soy sauce)
1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- In a food processor, puree the broccoli until a rice like consistency develops. This may have to be done in two batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- In a large flat bottomed skillet, add the oil, onion, garlic, ginger and serrano and cook over medium heat for 7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the cabbage and coat with the infused oil. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the riced broccoli and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add the fish sauce and soy sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the basil, cilantro and lime juice. Stir well. Serve warm.