canola oil spray
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
16-20 medium-sized asparagus
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the rough ends of the asparagus.
- Place the olive oil and asparagus into a bowl. Add the oil and salt to the asparagus and toss well to coat.
- Spray the inside of a 10×10 baking pan with canola oil. Place the sheet a puff pastry in the inside of the baking pan.
- Top the puff pastry with a layer of all the parmesan cheese and then a layer of all the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the asparagus evenly across the puff pastry.
- In a small bowl place the egg and scramble it to make an egg wash.
- Lightly coat the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and cook for 40 minutes at 400° or until the edges are golden brown. Remove the tart from the oven.
- Zest the lemon evenly over the tart. Serve immediately or at room temperature.