Instant Pot Curry Deviled Eggs with Caviar
Author note: This recipe can also be found on the Sur la Table website (click here for recipe). The eggs can also be cooked on the stovetop instead of the pressure cooker. Place the eggs into a large pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and cover. Let sit for 12 minutes. Place the boiled eggs into an ice bath to chill and continue with step 5 to complete the recipe.
9 large eggs
1 cup water
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon sour cream
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
caviar, for topping
chopped fresh parsley, for topping
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot. Place a silicon steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Place the eggs into the steamer. Place the lid on top of the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- After the 7 minutes of cooking, release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Place the eggs immediately into an ice bath. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the eggs and place in a bowl.
- Remove the shells from the eggs. Slice the eggs in half and remove the egg yolks.
- Place the cooked egg yolks, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and curry powder into the small bowl of a food processor. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon or pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites. Top with a small amount of caviar and parsley. Serve chilled.