4 cups tomatoes, cored and cut into large chunks
2 bell peppers (I prefer red and orange), cored and cut into large chunks
1 large cucumber, peeled and cut into large chunks
2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/2 cup parsley leaves
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
3/4 cup chives
1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
extra-virgin olive oil, for topping
fresh corn, for topping
torn parsley, for topping
- In a food processor, puree the tomatoes until watery and thoroughly broken down.
- Next, add the cucumber, bell peppers, parsley, bread crumbs, chives, salt and vinegar into the food processor with the tomatoes. Puree until smooth.
- While the processor is still running, add the olive oil in a steady stream until the soup is smoothed out and thickened.
- Sample the gazpacho. Add salt, olive oil or additional vegetables as needed.
- Store in an airtight container overnight (this is important in the development of flavor). Serve chilled topped with torn parsley, fresh corn and drizzles of olive oil.