Peanut Butter Marshmallow Fluff Sandwich
marshmallow crème “fluff” (see recipe below)
On one slice of bread, smear the peanut butter. On the second slice of bread smear the marshmallow fluff. Combine the two slices together. Slice in half or keep whole.
Marshmallow Crème “Fluff”
Author note: This recipe requires a candy thermometer.
1 cup sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon water
4 egg whites
3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine the water, sugar and corn syrup into a sauce pan. Stir to combine. Cook over high until it reaches 240 degrees (about 15 minutes). Do not stir while the corn syrup mixture is cooking.
- Meanwhile, with an electric mixer on high whip the egg whites and cream of tartar in a large stainless steel bowl until stiff peak forms, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract to the egg whites.
- Once the corn syrup mixture has reached 240 degrees, remove it from the heat. Lower the mixer speed to low and slowly pour the corn syrup mixture into the egg white peaks. Once the syrup has been poured into the egg whites, increase the speed to medium high and continue to whip until the marshmallow crème is fluffy, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Let the marshmallow crème “fluff” cool. Place in airtight containers and store in the fridge up to two weeks.