Mini Gruyere and Shallot Frittatas
Author note: If you want to omit the sautéed shallots in butter, feel free to do so. It saves time and does not affect the overall outcome of the frittatas.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup shallot, chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 cup gruyere, grated
2 tablespoons cream (or whole milk)
lemon zest, for topping (optional)
fresh parsley, chopped, for topping (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Place the eggs, salt, dijon, gruyere, sautéed shallots and cream into a medium size bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Butter the inside of six small ramekins. Fill each ramekin 3/4 of the way full with the egg mixture.
- Place ramekins onto a rimmed baking sheet and place into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, or until eggs are puffy and baked all the way through.
- Top with lemon zest and fresh parsley. Serve warm.