Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup (one stick) unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
canola oil spray
pumpkin spiced glaze, recipe below
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together into a bowl. Set aside.
- Spray muffin tins with canola oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream (mix until well incorporated) the pumpkin, sugar and unsalted butter with an electric mixer. Once mixed together, add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the milk, sour cream and vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- Add the ginger, nutmeg, allspice, salt and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- Turn off the mixer and fold in the dried cranberries.
- Spoon the mixture into mini donut tins, fill halfway. Pound the tin on the countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven once golden and cooked all the way thru. Let the muffins sit in the tins for five minutes, then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool, dip the tops of the donuts into the pumpkin spiced glaze. If adding sprinkles do so at this point. Place on parchment paper to dry.
pumpkin spiced glaze
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup pumpkin spiced creamer
- Place all ingredients into medium-sized bowl and mix well.