Spooky Halloween Puppy Chow
If you cannot find Count Chocula (with marshmallows) any chocolate cereal with marshmallows will do. I happened to stumble across a chocolate Lucky Charms and that has worked wonderfully. If you cannot find spreadable chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips is a good substitute.
5 cups Chex cereal
4 cups Count Dracula (with marshmallows) cereal
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup spreadable chocolate
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
whimsical Halloween candy
- Place the Chex and Count Dracula cereals into a large bowl. Set aside
- In a small sauce pan combine the butter, chocolate and peanut butter and cook over low heat. Cook until the butter is melted and combined with the chocolate and peanut butter. Stir frequently.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the butter and chocolate mixture over the cereals. Stir well to combine and thoroughly coat. Place into a large plastic zip lock bag. Add the powdered sugar. Shake until the powdered sugar has coated the cereal mixture.
- Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the puppy chow on the baking sheets. Be sure to keep the mixture to one even layer to ensure even drying. Add the Halloween sprinkles, candy corn and whimsical Halloween candy. Let the puppy chow dry for about 4-6 hours.
- Once dry store in an air tight container up to 1 week.