Nerds Ice Cream
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup whole milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
6 egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups Nerds
- 24 hours before making ice cream with an electric ice-cream maker, place the freezer bowl in the freezer. Check your ice cream maker manual for specific instructions.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the cream, milk, vanilla extract and vanilla bean seeds on medium-low for 15 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally and not to let it boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the yolks and sugar. With a whisk, break the yolks and combine with the sugar.
- Remove the liquid from the stovetop and temper the yolk mixture. To temper the yolks, whisk the eggs quickly while slowly adding the warm liquid (about 1/4 cup at a time) until all the liquid is combined.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge. Let it chill for at least 2 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Place the ice cream mixture into the ice cream maker and mix for 20 minutes, or until the ice cream is thickened to the desired consistency. Add the nerds into the ice cream mixture about halfway through the churning process.
- Place the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze for about 4-5 hours before service. Serve the ice cream topped with nerds.