Chocolate Chip Dessert Shooters
3 cups angel food cake, crust removed and diced into 1 inch cubes
chocolate pudding, chilled
chocolate chip cookies, crumbled
caramel sauce, see recipe below
whipped cream, click here for recipe
- In shot glasses, or preferred serving vessel add a bottom layer of angel food cake.
- Top the angel food cake with a few spoonfuls of chocolate pudding. Cover the pudding with crumbled chocolate chip cookies.
- Finish the dessert shooter with caramel sauce, whipped cream and crumbled cookies. Serve immediately.
for the caramel sauce
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
3/4 cup cream
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add 3/4 cup of sugar, cream of tartar and water into a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat for six minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cups of sugar to the sauce pan and increase the heat to high. Stir well. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for an additional 7-8 minutes, or until the sugar is a golden amber color. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter, stirring constantly. Slowly add the cream in about 4-5 batches. Stirring constantly.
- Add the salt and stir to incorporate.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store up to 3-4 weeks.