Sausage and Egg Cheese Puff Sandwiches
Author note: Cut the puff pastry dough into squares large enough to cover the sausage and egg patties. You may also need to cut the cheese slices to fit the squares of the puff pastry.
puff pastry sheets, thawed and cut into squares
frozen sausage patties
baked scrambled eggs, see recipe below
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the puff pastry squares on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Layer the ingredients on each puff pastry square in the following order: cheese, sausage, egg.
- Bring the four corners of the puff pastry together at the center of the layers of sausage, egg and cheese. Squeeze the ends and the sides together until the puff pastry dough has sealed the layers of sausage, egg and cheese. Continue this process until all sandwiches are sealed.
- Brush the sandwiches with egg wash. Place into the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
for the baked scrambled eggs
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the eggs and salt into a blender. Blend until foamy.
- Pour the egg mixture 3/4th of the way full into cupcake tins that have been sprayed with canola oil. Place into the oven and bake for 12 minutes.