Baked Broccoli and Spinach Fritters
ounce bag broccoli florets
2 cups raw spinach, slightly packed
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/2 onion, rough chopped
1 garlic clove, halved
zest of 2 lemons
Greek yogurt, for dipping (optional)
canola oil spray
fresh parsley, chopped, for topping (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the spinach in the food processor, then add the remaining ingredients (except for the broccoli and egg).
- Boil the broccoli in the pan of water for 3 minutes (or until easily pierced with a fork), remove the broccoli from the pan and let drip dry for a few minutes. Place the cooked broccoli into the food processor and blitz.
- While the food processor is blending, add the egg. Continue to blend until all ingredients are well pulsed and resemble a paste-like consistency.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with canola oil. Scoop the broccoli mixture out with a small ice-cream scoop (or spoon) and place onto the baking sheet. Gently press down the mixture into a thin, round patty (I use the inside of my hand or a small spatula). Remember, the thicker the patty the longer the cook time.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and gently flip the fritters over. Place back into the oven and bake 10-15 minutes or until the fritters are nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and place the fritters onto a cooling rack. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with fresh parsley and serve warm with a side of Greek yogurt.