Grilled Rosemary Shrimp and Tomato Skewers
Author note: Be sure to examine the rosemary before you purchase. You will need thick rosemary branches to create a skewer from its branches.
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
10 ounces cherry tomatoes
1 onion white onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Heat the grill to medium heat, about 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients (except the rosemary) into a large plastic bag or medium sized bowl. Combine and coat. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes up to 24 hours.
- Remove the leaves from the rosemary sprigs to create rosemary skewers.
- Place the shrimp, tomatoes and onion onto the rosemary skewers. I prefer 2 shrimp for each skewer.
- Place the rosemary skewers onto the grill. Cook about 3 minutes per side, for a total of 6 minutes. Remove and serve hot or place in the fridge and serve cold.