Cold Harissa Shrimp Salad with Herbs and Goat Cheese
1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
5 ounces harissa
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
5 cups arugula
5 cups spinach
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
2 tablespoons dill, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
cherry tomatoes (optional), sliced in half
goat or feta cheese, to top
lemon-garlic vinaigrette, recipe below
- Combine the shrimp, harissa, smoked paprika and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well to coat the shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- On the stovetop or grill, cook the shrimp over medium heat for 3 minutes per side (a total of six minutes). Set aside and chill for at least 4 hours or over-night in the fridge.
- When ready to assemble the salad place serving bowls into the freezer.
- Place arugula, spinach and herbs into a large bowl. Toss to combine. Add shrimp, cheese and vinaigrette to the salad. Toss well and place into chilled serving bowls. Serve immediately.
for the lemon-garlic vinaigrette
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
fresh lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 garlic clove, crushed
- Combine all ingredients into a jar. Seal and shake until combined. Place in the fridge and chill for at least 4 hours.