Polenta Crisps with Cherry Puree and Mascarpone
Author note: The polenta rounds baking time is dependent upon the thickness of the polenta round you cut. A thinner slice will take less time to crisp. You can make your own polenta if you prefer not to use store bought (click here).
for the polenta rounds
mascarpone cheese, softened
mint leaves, for toppings
cherry puree, see recipe below
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the polenta into thin rounds. Place the polenta rounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Remove the polenta from the oven. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread a layer of mascarpone on each polenta round. Top the mascarpone with a dollop of cherry puree and a mint leaf. Serve at room temperature.
for the cherry puree
1 1/2 pounds cherries, pitted
3-4 cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into a medium sized saucepan and cover. Cook over medium-low heat for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and cook on medium-high for 15 minutes or until the cherry liquid has reduced and thickened. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat. With an immersion blender or food processor puree the cherries to a desired consistency. If it is too liquid-y place back onto the heat and simmer until thickened.