Baked Chicken Tinga Tacos
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon chipotle powder
1 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon tomato paste
4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the canola oil, cumin, salt oregano and chili powder into a large skillet. Stir and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic and tomato paste. Stir to combine and cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Decrease the heat to low. Place the shredded chicken into the skillet and stir until the meat is coated with the mixture. Immediately remove from the heat.
- Place the chicken into the tortillas. Top the chicken with cheese. Secure the tacos with a toothpick. Place into the oven and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and meat warmed through.
- Place under the broiler until browned and crisped to preference. Serve warm.