Cherry Chocolate Crostini
loaf of French bread, sliced
2 3-4 ounce milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
1 16-ounce bag thawed frozen cherries (pitted), strained
fresh mint leaves
- Adjust the oven rack to the second position from the top. Turn the broiler on to 550 degrees.
- Place two to three chocolate pieces (depending on the size of bread and the size of chocolate) onto a slice of bread. Place into the oven and broil for 1 minute, or until the chocolate has begun to melt (this will happen quickly so make sure to watch!).
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven. Turn the broiler off. Turn the oven to bake and to 350 degrees.
- Place the cherries (three to five cherries, depending on the size of the bread and the size of the cherries) onto the bread. Sprinkle a generous pinch of brown sugar evenly over each crostini. Place back into the oven and bake at 350 for 5 minutes, or until the cherries are warm.
- Serve warm or at room temperature topped with fresh mint leaves.