Green Chile Creamed Corn
ears of fresh corn on the cob, divided
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 yellow onion, rough chopped
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups Hatch green chiles, (roasted, peeled and seeded) chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Remove the corn from 4 corncobs.
- In a large flat-bottomed skillet, melt the butter over medium heat on the stovetop. Add the onions, the corn from 4 cobs and 1 cup of Hatch chiles. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- After the 10 minutes of cooking, add the cream and salt to the corn mixture. Stir to combine. Let simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Place this mixture into a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Add the corn puree back to the skillet.
- Remove the corn from the other remaining four cobs. Add the remaining corn and 1 cup of Hatch chiles to the pureed corn mixture. Stir until combined. Bring to simmer over medium-low heat and let cook, covered, for 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent browning.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve warm.