- canola oil spray
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for serving)
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 16-20 medium-sized asparagus
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the rough ends of the asparagus.
- Place the olive oil and asparagus into a bowl. Add the oil and salt to the asparagus and toss well to coat.
- Spray the inside of a 10×10 baking pan (or whatever baking pan that fits the puff pastry) with canola oil. Place the sheet a puff pastry in the inside of the baking pan.
- Top the puff pastry with a layer of all the parmesan cheese and then a layer of all the mozzarella cheese.
- Place the asparagus evenly across the puff pastry. Top with additional small amount of mozzarella if desired.
- In a small bowl place the egg and whisk it to create an “egg wash.” Lightly coat the edges of the puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and cook for 40 minutes at 400° or until the edges are golden brown. Remove the tart from the oven.
- Zest the lemon evenly over the tart. Serve immediately with or without freshly grated parmesan cheese.