- pizza dough
- mozzarella cheese, shredded or small mozzarella balls
- fresh basil, torn
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out pizza dough on a well floured surface..
- Evenly distribute bolognese in small portions on the dough. With a spoon, spread out the portions to make sure it is well distributed, but not entirely covering the surface of the dough.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for 9-13, minutes or until the dough is browned and the mozzarella melted.
- Top with basil. Serve warm.
Click here for Sausage Bolognese recipe. For a more traditional Bolognese recipe, click here. Chilled Bolognese that has been left in the fridge over night works best for this pizza. It’s easier to handle. The amount used for the toppings is up to you. For this recipe, use your favorite pizza dough (store bought makes for a quick meal), however if you’re looking to make your own pizza dough click here. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the pizza dough.