Halloween Lemon Lollipops
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- canola oil spray
- instant read thermometer
- lollipop sticks
- Spray the lollipop molds with canola oil and place lollipop sticks in the molds. Set aside
- Place the corn syrup and sugar into a medium- sized saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Continue to boil until the mixture reaches 300 degrees.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the lemon extract and juice.
- Working quickly, gently pour the mixture into the molds. Let the lollipops harden and let sit overnight. Allow 12-24 hours before serving.
This lollipop is a lemony piece of candy without being tart. To achieve tartness, add citric acid. Get creative with different extracts and flavorings available at grocery or kitchen supply stores, like orange or cinnamon. The 1 cup corn syrup to 3/4 cup sugar is an excellent base for a variety of lollipop flavors. Lollipop molds are not necessary, but strongly suggested. Halloween themed lollipop molds can be found at local craft stores or online.