Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Hatch Chiles
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup roasted Hatch chiles, chopped
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 7 slices bacon
- 7-8 Hatch peppers
- fresh cilantro, for topping
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the cream cheese, cumin, salt, mayonnaise, garlic, onions, chopped Hatch chiles and cheddar cheese into a bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Half the chiles by slicing the Hatch chiles vertically from stem to the end of the pepper. Remove the seeds. Set the chiles onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add a few spoonfuls of cheese mixture into the chiles. Spread evenly. Set onto the baking sheet. Continue this process until all the mixture is used and all the chiles are stuffed.
- Take a slice of bacon and wrap it around the stuffed chiles and place back onto the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked and the cheese is browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with chopped fresh cilantro. Serve warm.