- 1 pound beets, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a small saucepan of water to boil. Add the beets and cook until softened, about 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on how large the diced beet is).
- Remove the beets from the water and place into a food processor.
- Add the tahini, yogurt, salt, lime juice and garlic to the processor. Puree.
- While the hummus is pureeing, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream. Puree until smooth, occasionally stopping to stir.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled with pita chips or veggies.